Tuesday 11 December 2012

Lessons from Cars 20

Lesson 20: Mirrors

The rear-view mirrors are some of the most useful parts of you car. When I lend my car, people sometimes freak out by the way I have set my side mirrors because when they look in them they cannot see what is behind them. I explain that the inside mirror is for seeing what is behind. The side mirrors are for covering blind spots. When a car is behind me it is in my inside mirror. When it disappears from that mirror it appears in one of my side mirrors. And when it disappears from those mirrors it appears in my eyesight. So I am always aware of exactly where other cars are at all times.

In life we should always be aware of where we are in relation to others and to where we have been. We go forward with our eyes on Jesus, but we must not turn a blind eye to those around us. We should be aware of those who are behind us. Some of them are following our example. Where we go, they will go. How we behave, they will behave. We should be aware of those coming along side us in life. Some are there to encourage us. Some are there to reassure us. Some are there to help. And we should be aware of those overtaking us. Sooner or later we will slow down, our journey will end, and others must complete the task and go where we cannot. We must be humble enough to let them pass.

John 3:30
He must increase, but I must decrease.

No comments:

Post a Comment