Friday 28 September 2012

Lessons from a Sailboat 16

Lesson 16: Charts

I sail on Lake Simcoe, in Southern Ontario. Consisting of approximately 300 square miles of surface area and 144 miles of shoreline it is big enough to get lost in. The lake is notorious for its sudden storms that spring up without notice. It also has both deep holes and shallow bays. For this reason I carry a chart in my boat. This chart gives me detailed information about the depth of the lake, about where the islands and shoals are, and where the buoys are. Using the chart I can plot my course and stay relatively safe.

As a Christian you also have a chart. It is the Bible. It will not predict your future, but it will provide you with essential information that will enable you to steer your life in the right direction. The Bible is indispensible for anyone who intends to live according to God’s will. It provides us with  God’s rules for living. It inspires us with stories of faith. It shows us Jesus. Read your Bible regularly. Live by its teaching and you will sail on to Heaven’s shore.

Psalm 119:5
Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.

No comments:

Post a Comment