Wednesday 22 August 2012

Lessons from a Garden 13

Lesson 13: Feeding the Plants

I rescued my vegetables from the rabbits and built boxes around the plants to protect them. But they still needed one more thing: food. The soil where I planted my vegetables was not the greatest. It needed improvement. I went to the garden supply centre and bought ten bags of topsoil, rich in plant nutrients. Carefully I mixed this into the soil in the boxes, thus creating a healthy environment for my crop.

Sometimes you can’t do much about where you live and where you work. If your home environment is rich in a heritage of faith, a place where people encourage one another and forgive one another and pray for one another, then you have a healthy spiritual environment. If your workplace is one where you can interact with your colleagues in a friendly, non-threatening way and perhaps at times even talk about your faith, you have a lot going for you. But if your home or workplace is not like that, don’t despair. Find ways to enrich your spiritual life through your church and Christian friends. Then you can be the one to make life richer for others who as yet do not believe.

1 Thessalonians 5:10-12
Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment