Wednesday 22 August 2012

Lessons from a Garden 14

Lesson 14: Starting Over

Because of the damage that the rabbits did to my vegetable garden I lost all my lettuce and some of my carrots and beets. Several weeks of the growing season were past, but I figured if the weather stayed warm there was still a good chance to replant. So although it was late for planting I once again put seeds into the ground and started over. This time the seeds were secure in their protected boxes.

It is not always easy to start over, but it is not impossible. If after you began your Christian journey something happened to diminish your faith or interrupt your walk with God, don’t despair. It is never too late to start over. Our God is the God of second chances. You can rework the soil. You can plant the seeds of faith again. You can produce a crop for the Lord. In the Bible many of God’s children started over after failing the first time. Remember Moses, Jonah, and Peter to name just three. There is yet a promising future for those willing to try again.


Jonah 3:1-3
Then the word of the Lord came to Jonah a second time: “Go to the great city of Nineveh and proclaim to it the message I give you.”
Jonah obeyed the word of the Lord and went to Nineveh.

No comments:

Post a Comment