Wednesday 1 August 2012

Lessons from a Shed 20

Lesson 20: Enjoy Your Creation











The Bible says that God created the heavens and the earth and everything in them in six days (whether literally or figuratively it doesn't matter). God then looked at what He had made and declared it to be "very good." And then God rested from His work of creation. God did not rest because He was tired; He rested to enjoy His creation.
Now that I have finished my shed, I sometimes sit on my back deck and admire my creation. I say to my wife, "That's not a bad looking shed."
And she says, "It's a good shed, Fred."
And I say, "Yes, that's exactly what it is. It's a Fred Shed."
And we both laugh.

Christians, of all people, should appreciate and enjoy God's creative work. This includes both the world around us and God's work within us. Artists and poets are probably closest to appreciating the beauty of God's creation. Farmers and those who work with wild things - fishermen, hunters, ranchers, and naturalists - also appreciate God's creation. People whose work is helping others probably appreciate God's design in humanity more than anyone - doctors, nurses, teachers, clergy, and humanitarians. In addition to appreciating the Creation, let us also give thanks to the Creator.

Revelation 4:11
“You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.”

No comments:

Post a Comment