Tuesday 31 July 2012

Lessons from a Shed 19

Lesson19: Look for Ways to Improve











My shed has taught me a lot of things. Since starting this project I've learned how to use some of my power tools that had been collector items. I've learned some new carpentry skills. I've learned new vocabulary. And I've learned some things about myself, particularly that I am capable of building something without ending up in the hospital. But there is always room for improvement. My wife wants me to put in a window and make a window box for flowers. I'm thinking of making some kind of decorative piece for the gable over the door. And I've yet to build permanent shelving inside.

As Christians we are constantly growing in our faith. We are growing in Christ-likeness. It is God's plan that we become more and more like Jesus as we progress. The Bible says that we are God's temple. A temple is a whole lot more elaborate than a shed. God lives in you, if you are a Christian. But you are not yet perfect. There is always room for improvement. And God is not finished with you yet. God works with us to make these daily improvements. It is our responsibility to work with Him.

2 Peter 1:5-7
...make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love.

No comments:

Post a Comment