Friday 5 October 2012

Lessons from a Sailboat 21

Lesson 21: The Marina

Most sailboats are berthed in a marina. This is a sheltered place where boats can moor, get fuel and water, and find other supplies. But there is more to a marina than that. The marina where my boat is moored organizes special events such as a pig roast and a music concert. I get to meet other boaters and sailors and their families. And if I need help with something, someone is always ready to give me their advice or show me how to do something. And there is always a smile and a friendly wave as we pass one another in the channel.

What I have described as a marina sounds very much like my church. That too is a sheltered place where I can get refreshment for my soul. It is a place that organizes times of fellowship such as picnics, dinners and music concerts. And there I meet other Christians and their families. Church is a place where you can be encouraged by other Christians as you share your story of God’s grace in your life and listen to the stories of others. Become a part of a church fellowship and experience the joy of belonging.

Acts 2:42
They (believers) devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment