Monday 29 October 2012

Lessons while Fishing 13

Lesson 13: Fishing Requires Faith

Fishermen are people of faith. Faith by definition is belief and trust in something without absolute scientific proof. When I fish I have to have faith or I would not venture near the water. I have faith that the line I’m using will not break, that my boat will not sink, and that there are fish out there even though I can’t see them. I have faith that if I keep fishing long enough and try hard enough I will catch a fish, even though some days this seems unlikely. I envision fish in my frying pan and I have faith enough to believe that that vision will come true.

Everyone has faith. Even those who claim to be atheists have faith. We get aboard an airplane and believe that the pilot is skilled and sane, even though we’ve never met him or her. We have faith in the mechanics, electricians, and machinists who built and maintain the aircraft, even though we don’t know them and don’t know how everything works on a plane. When we buy groceries we put our faith in the produces, manufacturers, and distributers to provide us with healthy food. Faith is not illogical. It is necessary for life. How much more is it necessary for death. Faith in Jesus takes away fear. Faith in Jesus will enable us to live holy lives. Putting our trust in Him will bring us to Heaven.

John 14:1
(Jesus said)“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment