Tuesday 17 July 2012

Lessons from a Shed 10

Lesson 10 - Making Walls












The whole purpose of a shed is to create an enclosure into which you put things that you want to keep safe and secure. The only way to do this is to build walls. Walls provide protect from the elements. Walls hide things from prying eyes. Walls discourage thieves. After I laid the foundation and the floor, my next step was to make and erect the walls. For this I selected straight (not warped) 2x4s from my stack of used lumber and overlaid this with 1/2 inch plywood sheeting. With the help of my crew (by now my wife, daughter, and son-in-law had all volunteered to assist) I quickly had the walls up.

In our spiritual life, we are protected by the Spirit of God. The Bible says, "the LORD surrounds his people both now and forevermore" (Psalm 125:2). As the walls of my shed surround the things inside, so God surrounds those who trust in Him, shielding them from the the devil's attackes and from temptations of the flesh. In Christ we are safe forevermore.

Psalm 139:5-6
You hem me in behind and before,
    and you lay your hand upon me.
 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

No comments:

Post a Comment