Monday 30 July 2012

Lessons from a Shed 18

Lessson18: Learn from Your Mistakes











As much as I like my shed, it is not perfect. I made a few mistakes along the way. And some are obvious in the pictures, as some of you have no doubt observed. The first, and perhaps biggest mistake, was to try to save building material by putting the side sheeting on horizontally instead of vertically. This created a seam that is not on any framing. Consequently, this can allow water to get in when the rain is accompanied by a strong wind. I will have to fix this with sealant. The other obvious mistake was to make my door too low. I keep hitting my head when coming out. I'm not so sure this can be fixed. But I have learned from these mistakes...so my next shed will be even better!

The lesson in life is as obvious as the mistakes in my shed. We do not live perfect lives. We make mistakes. We sometimes sin. We sometimes do and say things that are wrong. But that does mean that our lives are thereby ruined. We can learn from those mistakes and those wrong choices. Some things we can fix. Some things we can't. But we can determine to build a better tomorrow than a yesterday. We can decide not to repeat that sin, but to repent of it and to get on with our lives as God directs.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment