Thursday 19 July 2012

Lessons from a Shed 11

Lesson 11 Framework - Inner Strength










The strength of any man-made structure is its framework. This is true whether you are building a shed, a house, or a skyscraper. It is the framework that bears the load of the walls and roof. It is the framework that gives the building strength and ensures that the building does not fall down. The framework for my shed is simple 2x4s because it is a small building. I have 2x4s in the floor, the walls, and the roof trusses. You cannot see these until you go inside the shed. Then you can see what makes it strong.

In our Christian life, its not what people see on the outside that makes us strong. Our spiritual strength comes from what is on the inside. What is holding you together as a Christian? What gives you spiritual strength? We can appear strong to people around us, but appearance is only on the outside. Unless we are strong in our faith on the inside, unless we are spiritually secure, we will not stand up to the winds of adversity. Strive to be strong from within.

Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you;
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment