Friday 20 July 2012

Lessons from a Shed 12

Lesson 12: Install a Solid Roof









Like the walls of the shed, the roof is there to protect the contents of the shed from the elements. The roof trusses have to be strong. They have to stand up to wind and to hold up the weight of sheeting and shingles, along with snow if you live in Canada. They also have to be able to hold you up when you go on the roof to carry out repairs. I built the trusses in my driveway using 2x4s fastend together with plywood gussets that I made myself. After making the first truss, I used this as a pattern for the rest so that they all came out the same. In the end I think I came out with a pretty solid roof.

In our Christian life it is a great encouragement to know that God is our strong protector. He not only surrounds us on each side, but He also covers us. The Bible often refers to God as our shield and our strong tower. In one place there a reference to the helmet of salvation. God is our protection against the spiritual forces of evil, against bad thoughts and sinful temptations. When times are difficult, look up and be assured that the Almighty is your strong protection.


Psalm 91:4
He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.


No comments:

Post a Comment