Friday 27 July 2012

Lessons from a Shed 17

Lesson 17: Get Organized












My shed was now complete. It was time to put it to use. The next stage was to organize the inside. I had plans for shelving, but winter was coming on and I had to get my lawn mower, pick, shovels, rakes, outboard motor, and gas cans out of my garage to make room for my van. I also had to store my patio furniture. I confess there was not time to build shelves. Everything went into the shed in a jumble. I put the padlock on, and there it all stayed safe, secure, and unorganized until spring.

I sometimes find that my Christian life is a little like that. A jumble of activities. I get in pretty much everything that should be in, but it is sometimes not very organized. There is worship at church, and private devotions, prayer, Bible reading, volunteer work, visiting the sick, and donating to charity. The challenge for me is to get my life organized, to create a balance and a routine. And there is the danger of trying to cram too much into our lives as well. Let us remember to take one day at a time, to plan carefully, and to let God direct our living.

Proverbs 16:3
Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment